In developing State Government Youth policies, we acknowledge the need to regularly check back in with young people and the broader community sector to find out what we can build on, where there are gaps, and how we can work together to create the best supports and opportunities for South Australian young people.
Our initiatives and policies recognise that every young person in South Australia has the right to find their own pathway to success and take an even closer look at the social and economic pathways that lead to thriving futures for young South Australians.
Current priority initiatives include:
- Understanding South Australia's social start-up landscape to better support emerging young social entrepreneurs
- Exploring pathways to getting and keeping a driver’s licence and investigating which models are particularly supportive of young people living regionally
- Working with the South Australian Carer Support Network to explore and develop the next steps toward a comprehensive support model for young carers
- Listening to the voices of LGBTIQ young people and supporting inclusive services across the State
- A new partnership with Carclew to support young people from multicultural backgrounds to share their stories.
Youth Safety Strategy
The Youth Safety Strategy provides a framework for action to prevent and address relationship, family and sexual violence, specifically as it affects young people. Find out more about the Youth Safety Strategy here.