Launched on 16 February 2018, the State Government’s 2018 Youth Strategy, Your Future – Your Way , is the fourth in a series of annual youth strategies for South Australia that have consecutively investigated, trialed and developed responses to key issues for young South Australians.
Your Future - Your Way recognises that every young in South Australia has the right to find their own pathway to success. Through the 2018 youth strategy, we take an even closer look at the social and economic pathways that lead to thriving futures for young South Australians.
New priorities in Your Future – Your Way include:
- Understanding South Australia's social start up landscape to better support emerging young social entrepreneurs.
- Exploring the pathways to get and keep a driver’s licence and investigating which models are particularly supportive of young people living regionally.
- Working with the South Australian Carer Support Network to explore and develop the next steps toward a comprehensive support model for young carers.
- Listening to the voices of LGBTIQ young people and supporting inclusive services across the State.
- A new partnership with Carclew to support young people from multicultural backgrounds to share their stories.
Also released under the 2018 youth strategy is the Youth Safety Strategy. This provides a framework for action to prevent and address relationship, family and sexual violence, specifically as it affects young people. Find out more about the Youth Safety Strategy here .
Going forward, Your Future Your Way recognises that it’s time to check back in with young people and the broader community sector to find out what we can build on, where there are gaps, and how we can work together to create the best supports and opportunities for South Australian young people.
Read about these initiatives and more in the 2018 Youth Strategy, Your Future – Your Way.
Want to check out our past Youth Strategies? They include: